Indian Institute of Banking & Finance conducts diploma of JAIIB and CAIIB for the bankers. The main objective of this diploma is:
- To facilitate study of theory and practice of banking and finance.
- To test and certify attainment of competence in the profession of banking and finance.
- To collect, analyse and provide information needed by professionals in banking and finance.
- To promote continuous professional development.
- To promote and undertake research relating to Operations, Products, Instruments, Processes, etc. In banking and finance and to encourage innovation and creativity among finance professionals so That they could face competition and succeed.
The exam is held twice in a year in the month of May and November-December. You have to clear all the papers of JAIIB before applying for CAIIB. Here is free study material for both JAIIB and CAIIB exams.
- JAIIB contains three papers viz
- 1. Principles & Practices of Banking
- 2. Accounting & Finance for Bankers
- 3. Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking
You can download the e-text format of aforementioned JAIIB books from here. If you are not comfortable with the e-text format, you can download the audio format of the books of JAIIB recorded by samerita trust fromhere.
- CAIIB also contains three papers viz
- 1. Advance Bank Management
- 2. Bank Financial Management
- 3. Retail Banking
Regarding the third paper, candidates can choose one paper from the eleven optional papers that will now be offered as electives. The electives cover the entire range of specialized domains in a bank. The electives currently offered are Human Resources Management, Risk, Treasury, Retail Banking, International Banking, Corporate Banking, Co-operative Banking, Information Technology, Rural Banking, Financial Advising and Central Banking.